While Chica #2, a.k.a. TD, is on a flight to Atlanta, I’m at home, Chica #1, aka TSB, making something to eat so I don’t starve :). I loooove food and try to incorporate veggies into every meal, EVEN breakfast. So today Monster Oats are on the menu.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Kosher salt
- One 5-ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, chia seeds and/or flax seeds
- Optional #1: Sub water for almond milk, or go half water & half almond milk
- Optional #2: Add maple syrup or sugar if needed.
Blend spinach with 2 cups of water in a blender, transfer to a large saucepan.
Add remaining 2 cups water + salt to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
Stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until the oats are just softened and the mixture is slightly thickened about 7 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir.
*Add maple syrup or sugar if needed*
Transfer the oatmeal to individual bowls and add your favourite fixins. Hemp seeds, chia seeds and/or flax seeds are great healthy options to add additional protein and fiber.
Give Monster Oats a try and let us know if you what you think.
BTW, if you’re not following us on Instagram yet,